Author Topic: Arrested 'MasterChef' Finalist  (Read 2883 times)

missd28339

Arrested 'MasterChef' Finalist
« on: August 04, 2013, 09:36:00 PM »
he seems like such a friendly likeable young man... i wonder what happened...

The "MasterChef" finalist who was arrested after getting into a violent, bizarre encounter with cops ... has a history of criminal behavior ... including a previous arrest.

TMZ broke the story ... Josh Marks was popped by cops in Chicago last week after he allegedly punched a cop and tried to steal his gun. It took 5 cops to finally subdue the 7-foot-2 giant, after using pepper spray and batons. Once in custody cops say Marks claimed he was God.

Marks' lawyer told TMZ afterwards, doctors are evaluating the chef for a mental illness, arguing he wasn't in his right mind when the alleged attack went down.

Now we've learned this isn't the first time Marks has had a run in with the law.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Marks was arrested in June for trespassing in a Chicago condo complex -- after allegedly sneaking in on numerous occasions and bizarrely telling residents he lived there. He DID NOT.

At the time, the building sent a WARNING to residents to be on the lookout for a "very tall" African-American man, who "enters the building by catching the door." They were told to call 911. The case is still pending.

As for the assault case, Marks has been charged with two felonies and faces 14 years in prison.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Visit Fishwrapper: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline lamythest

• Blood Royal
  • Awards A chest full of treasure. Won Their Spurs. No stranger to the field. Established a crushing superiority on the field. A map to glory. Awarded to Hero Members An Award of appreciation for all members of Black Visions. Awarded to Senior Members Awarded to Full Members
Re: Arrested 'MasterChef' Finalist
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 09:53:42 PM »
 :nooo: he shole nuff wasn't in his right mind grapping a cops gun and assaulting the other...i am suprised he ain't been shot
my new jam

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

missd28339

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 09:55:13 PM »
:nooo: he shole nuff wasn't in his right mind grapping a cops gun and assaulting the other...i am suprised he ain't been shot

i find it really hard to believe he attacked a cop and is still breathing.....there are always three sides to a story...... *sigh*

Offline lamythest

• Blood Royal
  • Awards A chest full of treasure. Won Their Spurs. No stranger to the field. Established a crushing superiority on the field. A map to glory. Awarded to Hero Members An Award of appreciation for all members of Black Visions. Awarded to Senior Members Awarded to Full Members
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 10:05:29 PM »
i find it really hard to believe he attacked a cop and is still breathing.....there are always three sides to a story...... *sigh*

in this case his, his and the truth
my new jam

missd28339

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 10:21:04 PM »
in this case his, his and the truth

pretty much....who knows what the heck happened?  :woe:

Offline Kendra

• Champion
  • Awards Awarded to Hero Members Awarded to Full Members Awarded to Senior Members Awarded for Superior Journalism. Awarded to Members With Dedication. A map to glory. A chest full of treasure. Won Their Spurs. No stranger to the field.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 09:59:27 AM »

The "MasterChef" finalist who was arrested after getting into a violent, bizarre encounter with cops ... has a history of criminal behavior ... including a previous arrest.

TMZ broke the story ... Josh Marks was popped by cops in Chicago last week after he allegedly punched a cop and tried to steal his gun. It took 5 cops to finally subdue the 7-foot-2 giant, after using pepper spray and batons. Once in custody cops say Marks claimed he was God.

Marks' lawyer told TMZ afterwards, doctors are evaluating the chef for a mental illness, arguing he wasn't in his right mind when the alleged attack went down.

Now we've learned this isn't the first time Marks has had a run in with the law.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Marks was arrested in June for trespassing in a Chicago condo complex -- after allegedly sneaking in on numerous occasions and bizarrely telling residents he lived there. He DID NOT.

At the time, the building sent a WARNING to residents to be on the lookout for a "very tall" African-American man, who "enters the building by catching the door." They were told to call 911. The case is still pending.

As for the assault case, Marks has been charged with two felonies and faces 14 years in prison.

I watched the whole season and I was betting on him winning. Or, at least I wanted him to win.  He was so good that when he fucked up the poached egg and left the show........they re-evaluated him and brought him back.

I don't believe the story the cops are saying.  He didn't have any attitude problems, he wasn't insane.  He just got caught on a DWB  (driving while Black)
I hope he overcomes this situation, is vindicated, and sues the hell out of them.

*smile*

Offline Khem7

• Tight Roots
  • Blood Royal
  • Be The Example!
  • Awards No stranger to the field. A map to glory. A chest full of treasure. Won Their Spurs. An Award of appreciation for all members of Black Visions. Awarded to Members Who Gave Back. Awarded to Members With Dedication. Awarded to Members With Black Pride. Awarded to Members Who Break New Ground. Awarded to Hero Members Awarded to Senior Members Awarded to Full Members
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 11:22:36 AM »

Josh? Man, I'm stunned. These accusations do not fit the thoughts I formed of him while watching the program. Yes, I do watch masterchef. Man, what? Perhaps the notoriety went to his head or he suffers from that thing, yeah that thing, that thing that happens to people that hit the jackpot and next thing you know they broke and begging.

Project K

Offline Kendra

• Champion
  • Awards Awarded to Hero Members Awarded to Full Members Awarded to Senior Members Awarded for Superior Journalism. Awarded to Members With Dedication. A map to glory. A chest full of treasure. Won Their Spurs. No stranger to the field.
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 11:34:47 AM »
Khem

Right!  These accusations do not fit the personality.  When he did leave the show, Chef Ramsey said, all kinds of good things about him including telling him that it was rare to meet a man so talented at his  age.  He told him to call him anytime about anything.

Do you watch Kitchen Nightmares too? 

*smile*

missd28339

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 03:19:54 PM »
I watched the whole season and I was betting on him winning. Or, at least I wanted him to win.  He was so good that when he fucked up the poached egg and left the show........they re-evaluated him and brought him back.

I don't believe the story the cops are saying.  He didn't have any attitude problems, he wasn't insane.  He just got caught on a DWB  (driving while Black)
I hope he overcomes this situation, is vindicated, and sues the hell out of them.

*smile*

i dont believe it either..for starters if his big a$$ had attacked police they would have surely killed him......he had such a pleasant personality.. what the police are alleging doesnt fit at all......

missd28339

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 03:20:33 PM »
Josh? Man, I'm stunned. These accusations do not fit the thoughts I formed of him while watching the program. Yes, I do watch masterchef. Man, what? Perhaps the notoriety went to his head or he suffers from that thing, yeah that thing, that thing that happens to people that hit the jackpot and next thing you know they broke and begging.

hi Khem...I agree...doesnt seem like something he would do at all.....we all have bad days.. but im not buying it.....

Offline Kendra

• Champion
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 03:51:47 PM »
i dont believe it either..for starters if his big a$$ had attacked police they would have surely killed him......he had such a pleasant personality.. what the police are alleging doesnt fit at all......

I bet it will come out that they are lying on him.  He was a handsome 6'5" intelligent brotha, the kind that yt fears the most.

*smile*

missd28339

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 04:07:07 PM »
I bet it will come out that they are lying on him.  He was a handsome 6'5" intelligent brotha, the kind that yt fears the most.

*smile*

jealousy might very well have something to do with it.. wouldnt surprise me at all....

Offline Kendra

• Champion
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 04:16:11 PM »
jealousy might very well have something to do with it.. wouldnt surprise me at all....

And, this story about him being in an exclusive apartment sounds like the Trayvon Martin story.

*smile*

Offline Kendra

• Champion
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 04:18:19 PM »
I don't know why I thought he was 6'5".  He was actually 7'2".

*smile*

missd28339

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 04:30:23 PM »
And, this story about him being in an exclusive apartment sounds like the Trayvon Martin story.

*smile*

im sick to death of these crakkkas that think they get to decide who belongs and who doesnt.......

Offline Khem7

• Tight Roots
  • Blood Royal
  • Be The Example!
  • Awards No stranger to the field. A map to glory. A chest full of treasure. Won Their Spurs. An Award of appreciation for all members of Black Visions. Awarded to Members Who Gave Back. Awarded to Members With Dedication. Awarded to Members With Black Pride. Awarded to Members Who Break New Ground. Awarded to Hero Members Awarded to Senior Members Awarded to Full Members
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 12:48:24 PM »
Khem

Do you watch Kitchen Nightmares too? 

*smile*

No. I checked it out a time or two, but lost interest. Masterchef is it for me. The others  "Hells kitchen" and so forth
do not capture my attention as well Masterchef. I like it because I am a creative person and an artist at heart, and the way this competition is set up it allows for those two needs of mind in a show to be met.

Project K

Offline Kendra

• Champion
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 01:39:03 PM »
OK.. I  watch them whenever I can

*smile*

Offline lebraatt

• Blood Royal
  • Aloe Vera Juice+Water+Sealant (oil/creme)- YES!!!
  • Awards A map to glory. A chest full of treasure. Won Their Spurs. No stranger to the field. Established a crushing superiority on the field. Awarded to Members With Black Pride. An Award of appreciation for all members of Black Visions. Awarded to Members Who Gave Back. Awarded to Members With Dedication. Awarded to Members with Sprightly Wit. Awarded to Hero Members Awarded to Senior Members Awarded to Full Members
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 01:41:31 PM »
Mental illness? Substance Abuse?

Offline lamythest

• Blood Royal
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 07:37:53 PM »
pretty much....who knows what the heck happened?  :woe:

hope he explains his version of events
my new jam

missd28339

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 07:52:36 PM »
hope he explains his version of events

hopefully he can rise above thee foolishness and continue on in his career.. it seemed as if he really loves what he does...

Offline Kendra

• Champion
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 07:57:18 PM »
Master Chef was on tonight.  I didn't watch it.  But, I saw that they are down to about 5 chefs, I think, and one is a Black man.  Did you see it ?

*smile*

missd28339

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2013, 08:13:54 PM »
Master Chef was on tonight.  I didn't watch it.  But, I saw that they are down to about 5 chefs, I think, and one is a Black man.  Did you see it ?

*smile*

i dont watch it on a regular basis.. i didnt see it.....

Offline Kendra

• Champion
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 04:59:34 AM »
Good Morning MissD

REUTERS

"MasterChef" finalist Josh Marks says Gordon Ramsay (above) possessed his body and turned him into God after being arrested last week. s

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

The “MasterChef” finalist arrested last week after a strange encouter with police has a history of trouble with the law, including a previous arrest, according to TMZ.

Josh Marks, who is 7-foot-2, allegedly punched a cop and tried to steal his gun last week in Chicago. It took five cops to take down the giant chef – and they threw everything at him but the kitchen sink, including pepper spray and batons.

Splash News

Josh Marks

As if it wasn’t weird enough, once in custody Marks told police that “MasterChef” host Gordon Ramsay, who he dubbed an “a—hole,” possessed his body – and then turned him into God, TMZ reported.

Marks, 26, was near the University of Chicago campus trying to use a school emergency phone and had cuts on his face, law enforcement sources told the site. A campus officer asked Marks if anything was wrong and Marks punched him and made a move for his gun.

The cop and two others attempted to subdue him, but Marks bolted. It took a total of five to tackle him in a nearby backyard.

Officials said there were no signs of drug use, despite the outrageous claims. There were, however, bullet fragments found in the chef’s face from a different incident.

Marks’ lawyer told TMZ that doctors are evaluating the big man for a mental illness.

Marks was arrested in June for trespassing in a Chicago condo after allegedly sneaking in on residents and telling them he lived there when he really didn’t.

In the assault case, Marks has been charged with two felonies and is facing 14 years in prison.

Offline John_Public

• Blood Royal
  • Awards A map to glory. A chest full of treasure. Won Their Spurs. No stranger to the field. Established a crushing superiority on the field. An Award of appreciation for all members of Black Visions. Awarded to Members with Sprightly Wit. Awarded to Hero Members Awarded to Members With Dedication. Awarded to Senior Members Awarded to Full Members
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 05:06:22 AM »
.........let me get this right......SOME yawl are basing your opinions on this man.............on what he deos on a cooking show?  :nooo:

............just because he can COOK?    he does or could not do what he is accused of? 

............have some of yawl lost your collective damn minds, man?   
.....not every Republican is a racist....but it sure seems like every racist is Republican.

Offline RonA38

• Hello! My name is....Ron
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2013, 06:19:25 AM »
.........let me get this right......SOME yawl are basing your opinions on this man.............on what he deos on a cooking show?  :nooo:

............just because he can COOK?    he does or could not do what he is accused of? 

............have some of yawl lost your collective damn minds, man?

This is some amazing shit right here.

Just like the 14 yr old that is allegedly being framed when he was chasing down a guy trying to kill him and had shot somebody earlier.

Take the damn blinders off would ya.